Methodist Boys High School, formerly Wesleyan Boys High School. After a decade of envisioning and deliberations by the local Methodist church in Lagos, Methodist Boys High School was finally opened in March 1878. This was partly in response to the Anglican CMS Grammar School, which was opened some nineteen years earlier. The new Methodist Boys High School had unmistakably set out to produce professional and businessmen in Lagos and so they did. The school was transferred from the missionary to the Lagos Circuit twelve years after its founding. Liberal Arts had been included in the school’s activities before the new century and its heritage had survived till present times.
Methodist Boys High School today suffers the challenges that are common to Public secondary school in Nigeria. The School is located in 11 Sinari Daranijo Street, Off Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island.