Ijebu Ode Grammar School was established in 1913 by Rev. Gansallo under the Anglican Church of Nigeria, then known as C.M.S., the school had started in a private building donated by a clergy, J.B Sadare. The Silver jubilee of the school was marked by the movement to its present site at Abeokuta Road. Then, the first buildings were opened for use.
Informally known as JOGS, Ijebu Ode Grammar School today suffers bloated student population and dated curriculum. Former students of the school, have since the Centenary anniversary of the school’s founding, embarked on renovation and construction projects.