Abeokuta Grammar School was the first secondary school in Nigeria to be established outside Lagos, founded in 1908 and managed by the Anglican District Church Council in its first decades. The school had enjoyed the goodwill of Abeokuta royalty and the entire town since its inception. The sizeable football pitch that is in the campus is apparently connected to the school’s rich sporting history.
Students of this school had in 1940 inaugurated the National Union of Students, thereby starting an era in Nigerian Nationalism. The school, with a very proud history, has produced some of the finest of Africa.
Contact: Idi Aba, Abeokuta. 07035836950