Christ Church Cathedral is an Anglican Church building, located at the interaction of Marina Street and Odunlami Street in Lagos Island. It dominates a very busy vehicle node (as opposed to a town square) and it overlooks a bustling harbor. Christ Church cathedral was designed and Began Benjamin, a Yoruba Sierra Leonean returnee, started the construction work in 1925.
The foundation stone of white marble from New Castle-on-Tyne was laid by the Prince of Wales (King Edward VIII). Also present at the occasion was then Governor of Nigeria, Sir Hugh Clifford. The majority of the materials used were imported from Liverpool. The windows were ornamented with different scenes, which depict the Christian faith.
At the Marina end is a tower. It has vertical columns, vaulted ribbed arches and flying buttress. The building is in perfect condition. The condition work was finally completed May 1946 while the third and final dedication took place 1947. This church is in the style of the late eighteen-century European Gothic Renaissance.